Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Breakfast Swedish Pancakes

My Granny’s Pancakes
Take the  time to gather the family for a traditional Swedish breakfast.  Don’t forget to make a great pot of coffee!  A slab of thick cut Bacon would be a welcomed accent too!
I place all the ingredients in a blender and mix on low in the following order;
4 eggs  blend on low then add,
3 cups milk
1.5 cups flour
2 tablespoons melted bultter
1/4 cup powder sugar
2 teaspoon pure vanilla
Blend well.
The pancakes are similar to crepes,  these take time to cook, so I keep them warm in the oven as I prepare them.  pour just in enough batter in hot pan to cover the base swirl the pan to do this once, brown and flip, they cook quick so don’t go any where:)  once the other side is light brown the pancake is done.  
You can serve with butter and pure maple syrup or sprinkle with powder sugar.  They are wonderful with jam too
My Granny Elin Tilly

No comments:

Post a Comment